Saturday, August 18, 2007

Ice Cream at 10 AM

But I had to go down to the car for a spoon.

Signing off from the Pittsburg house- I have to pack the computer and the rifle, vacuum the office. Every swipe of the vacuum cleaner and I feel lighter, more buoyant. Done done done! I will turn the lock on the door (one very satisfying "click", it gives me chills just thinking about it) and turn the bolt on this part of my life. I will turn the car key in the ignition, turn the wheel to the left, turn over a new leaf.

I could start singing that song 'Turn, Turn, Turn", but it's a really annoying song and I'd never punish my readers like that. My mood is more "Stupid Girl" by Garbage. Complete with Doc Martens.

Two years ago today, L. walked into this apartment with me when I broke up with N.; suggested that I "Get It." I can't believe I packed this much living into two years.


Here we go, ladies! NO. SLEEP. TILL PETRA.

No comments: