Saturday, September 1, 2007

Sorry guys

I thought those pictures had been published yesterday, and apparently they were saved to draft. Enjoy. I'll be victimizing you with a new set in a few minutes.

Not much happening. I just ran an inpromptu clinic for How to Log On to Wifi From Your Laptop In A Starbucks for three women. They're website was down, so I ended up doing some half-cheeked Tech Support with a barrista and some man from down the street and another guy on the phone.

Point being, we're on and nothing else really matters.

If I didn't mention it, the weekend here in a Muslim state is Friday Saturday. It used to be Thursday Friday, but they changed it yesterday. So everyone is just taking a three day weekend. Today was my first official work day. We had a brunch and a tour of the city- I have pictures of that too. Including the Fish Souq, which was smell-er-riffic in 120 degree heat (the inside was cool).
I'm ribaldly tired- woke up at 3 again and ran a load of laundry. Washing machine proceeded to walk across the floor on spin cycle. Felt bad for person underneath.

Also note- there are no dryers here. You put your stuff out on a drying rack, or hang it on a line outside your window. Peg it well, because if it floats down to the street the next time you see your skivvies, will be on the neighbor. Same goes with what you put in your trash.

If things sound like they change at a moments notice- they do. Let me post some pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
Just reading and looking at your pics. Its about 8:40am here in Pittsburg. I just tried to call you. I will go have some coffee and wait to see if you respond I like your flat. I hope you don't get sick of the heat. Tha is some weather they have out there. I will be talking to you soon.