Friday, July 20, 2007

So there are 99 people at work who have come up to me and told me, "Gee! It's great you're doing something like this!" "I wish I'd have done this when I was younger!" "That's really f-ing cool, aren't you nervous?" "What's wrong with Germany?"

And the 100th, the one, who has definitely NOT.

He's a bit of a heavyweight around campus, and if he wants you to know he's unhappy he knows how to do it. And he's unhappy. Frantically digging in the garden here, shooting me baleful looks there. It's been about 4 weeks. It's not getting better.

"Hey Josie, what the hell is ____ doing in the garden?"

So I went to him today after the kids were on the bus and tried to straighten things out. You know, ask "What's wrong?". I did. Because, you know, being ignored and snubbed in my own classroom is uncomfortable after the second hour or so. Especially when your staff starts asking you about it.

It wasn't pretty, to say the least. He started stuffing things in his backpack when I showed up at the door.

So now I'm at home, crying. Wondering what on earth is the matter. With me for crying, with him for being an asshole. It just seems so...pointless.

I know what's wrong with me...this is a book I want tidily shut, pages all lined up and tied with a ribbon. School X--. End of story. Sent off on a plane with a party and cake and some home made cards and a wave or two. Goodbye Bay Area! HEL-lo sandstorms!

Instead, I have an angry igor stomping around my workplace, looking at me when I'm not looking and then looking away quickly. Refusing to talk. It just seems so...pointless.

No comments: