Monday, February 25, 2008

Easy Like Tuesday Morning

No dust storm, but the wind has picked up terribly. I'm whipping myself with a wet noodle- I've been on Vacation for the past 5 days and not one morning have I been able to sleep past 6 AM. This sucks.

It's approximately 6:20, and I've been up listening to objects blowing around outside and the wind whistle for the past hour. Yesterday, while it was still nice, I managed to get to a salon and take care of some necessary tasks. The lady was amused- I don't have a television, much less Cable. She had the movie "Castaway" on, and I was so engrossed with how Tom Hanks prioritized finding fresh water that I forgot what she was doing for a while. The place I was at last week (you have to go to lots of different places for different stuff) had "The Lion in Winter" on. It's been 12 years, and I haven't seen the end of that incredible movie yet. Part of the problem is that you can't get the online version of Netflix or Blockbuster here, for licensing reasons. So I'm going to have to shake down the video guy and get my Herzog and Kurosawa thang on. I could have sworn I brought "Aguirre" with me, but apparently not.

After maintenance, I had a coffee with a pal, took myself home in the teeth of the wind for chocolate and more downloads of "House M.D.". Great show, I'm halfway through Season 2. My vote is for less of the smarmy romanticism and more Broca's Speech Area. Baby.

The other students in my French class voted for a session today, and morning as well. So shalle I hie me off to Bnied Al Gar for more verbs. At 9:30. Man.

No comments: