Monday, December 3, 2007

Too much, too fast


Okay, now I have a car.

It's made all the difference in everything, in every way.

I also have lamps and a misshapen blanket on the wall that looks...well, like a misshapen, brightly colored blanket. It has served its purpose: people are more inclined to linger, smoke and eat in my flat for more than just the clean dishes now. Since my walls are cement, it conveniently covers up all the missing chunks of masonry from previous nail attempts.

I also have an account on Facebook.

(Hides face in hands)

Erckle.

Don't get me wrong- Facebook, Friendster, Myspace, all the same thing. My private, cozy little flat now has a wide gaping window in the shape of a laptop, sitting on my desk. I can almost feel the breeze through the screen.

With time, I will acclimatize. I mean, I held out for 2 years on the cellphone thing. I think I still hold the record for number of years employed without touching a work-email account.

Yeah.

1 comment:

Pam Fillin said...

huh right just try to explain away the perpetration of evil just try! :)i hate to admit but i actually enjoying having joined at your invitation.